Hey Everyone! Good Cents Gal here - coming in hot with some products and supplement recommendations. I'm a freak when it comes to health and nutrition, and that doesn't change when I travel. We definitely treat ourselves on vacation but I always bring my favorite vitamins, supplements, teas and skincare products with me to stay healthy and feeling fresh.
It's not always easy to eat healthy when you're on holiday and that can cause dehydration and digestive issues - which then cause a slew of other issues. The last thing you want when you're away from home is to feel like crap. These are my absolute MUST HAVE's when I travel.
1. Organic Spirulina: First of all, it's a superfood. Secondly, it's hard to get enough greens in while traveling, so this is a good way to make sure you're getting the micronutrients you need. Trader Joes has organic spirulina at a great price, but you can also find some here.
2. Probiotics: One of the most important supplements on this list. Probiotics keep those gut flora alive and kickin' - and I would never travel without them. I'm currently traveling with Nature's Bounty Probiotics - they're affordable and effective. I've also used Optimum Probiotics.
3. Magnesium: this vitamin has several benefits including boosts energy, eases constipation, calms nerves & anxiety, and relieves muscle aches. I don't bring a ton of magnesium, but have about 5-6 extra strength magnesium tablets on-hand just in case we need them.
4. Milk Thistle: Our acupuncturist recommended milk thistle a while ago, and it's perfect for travel. Milk thistle helps with detoxing the liver - which can take quite the beating during travel. We're currently taking this kind.
5. Activated Charcoal: The holy grail of travel supplements. Activated charcoal helps with bloat and digestion - and clears toxins right out of your system! If I overindulge, have a stomach ache, feel hungover, or constipated - activated charcoal saves the day every time. I have a ton of these charcoal caps in a separate plastic baggy. The charcoal tends to get everywhere.
6. Hangover Kit: We bring a little medley to help ward off hangovers while traveling. You don't need these supplements just for hangovers, they're good for energy and hydration in general. Pedialyte, Party Smart, B-12, and lemon/ginger/peppermint tea.
Aaaaand now for skincare!
The skin takes such a beating from the moment you step into an airplane. I'm huge on skincare at home and make sure to take all of my favorite products with me. These four items are my absolute favorites.
1. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue: this a super light "gel cream" similar to a BB/CC cream that I use as foundation. it's really light coverage, so I use a concealer under my eyes, in my T-zone and chin for extra coverage before setting with mineral powder. I love how light this is, and it gives you the most dewy finish. A bonus is that it has SPF 30! (i use "bamboo," but they have a few other shades).
2. Teddie Organics Joboba Oil: There are lots of joboba oils out there and i'm sure they're all great. I've been using this kind and it's a great size bottle for the price. When traveling, I transfer this to a smaller bottle. I slather joboba oil on every night, and also a light layer under my makeup for added moisture.
3. Origins GinZing Eye Cream: A friend of mine introduced me to this and it's my favorite eye cream on the market. I've always had dark circles and my eyes get puffy really easily. This eye cream immediately de-puffs my eyes, has a cooling effect, and has a shimmery finish which helps with the dark rings around my eyes.
4. Rose Water Spray: Perfect for hydrating your skin before applying makeup and even to set your makeup! Most makeup setting sprays are full of disgusting chemicals. Rose water smells better and makes me feel like I'm at a spa. I use this to de-puff my skin and add a dewy finish. You can also spray it in your hair and on your skin. You can't beat the price on this one.
And these are the top products we pack in our toiletry bag. What are some of your travel must-haves? Leave us a comment below!